How to Set Up Direct Deposit Notifications
- Digital Banking How-Tos
- Frontwave Credit Union
Ever check your account multiple times a day to see if a direct deposit you’re expecting (like your paycheck or tax refund) has been made? Yeah, we’ve been there, too. But with Frontwave digital banking, that can all be a thing of the past! Instead, you can set up an alert to be notified anytime an automatic deposit, like a direct deposit, is made to your Frontwave account That way you can get on with your day, rest assured we’ll let you know when your money is ready. Here’s how:
- Login to your online banking profile, and click on “MORE…” then “SETTINGS.”
- From the main “Settings” page, click on the “Notifications” tab. Here you can view the full list of available notifications. Any notifications that are already enabled on your account, such as the required General Alerts, will have an icon next to them showing how the automated messages will be sent (email, push notification, or text message).
- To enable the Automatic Deposit Alert, click on the gear icon at the end of the row for that notification.
- In the expanded window, click on the Off/On toggle to turn the notification on. Then click “Select an Account.”
- In the next window that pops up, click the checkbox next to the account(s) you want to receive the Automatic Deposit Alert notifications for, then click “Save.”
- Once you save your selection, you’ll return to the notification settings screen, where you’ll see a list of options of where to receive your alerts. Check the box next to the contact methods* you want the alerts sent to. Then click “Save Changes.” (*Selecting SMS/text messaging for the first time? Check out these instructions for enabling text messages in digital banking.)
That’s it! Your Automatic Deposit Alert has been set up, and you’ll get an email, a push notification or a text (whatever you requested) when your direct deposit is hits your account.
Want more tips and tricks on using Frontwave’s digital banking tools?
Automatic Deposits are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to notifications you can set up. You can also set Balance Alerts for when your account goes above or below a certain amount, Debit Card Purchase Alerts, Automatic Withdrawal Alerts and Transfer Alerts. And don't forget about all our other great tools, like Mobile Deposit, Person-to-Person Payments and free online Bill Pay. Check out all the details on these features and more in our Digital Banking help center.