Frontwave Cares: Member Health and Safety Update
Frontwave Credit Union is committed to fight for our Members and ensure that you have the financial tools, resources, and account access you need during this time. Most branches and our member service center remain open.
Here are the latest updates to help you as a Frontwave Member:
Our Current Closures >
Where should I go for everyday Member services? >
Frontwave Online Banking and Mobile App >
ATM Banking >
Member Solution Center Hours >
Financial Assistance Programs >
Paycheck Protection Program >
Economic Impact Payments >
Events & Seminars >
Financial Safety & Security >
Member Tips >
Our Current Closures
In order to keep our members and staff safe, Frontwave will be temporarily closing some of our branches. Details regarding nearby branches that remain open are noted below, or check out our ATM locations. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The following branches are currently closed:
Marine Corps Recruit Depot - restricted access
- The Marine Corps Recruit Depot (MCRD) branch remains open, but is accessible only to permanent personnel (active duty, dependents, residents, and those entering for employment purposes). Due to current base restrictions, we are serving base personnel only by appointment at this time. For the closest branch or ATM locations in your area click here.
Change in operating hours for open branches
As a critical provider of services during this crisis, we take seriously our responsibility to remain open to provide the financial tools, resources, and account access our Members need during this time.
As of March 30, the Monday - Friday closing time for the following branches have been changed to 5:00 pm.
- Oceanside - Fire Mountain
- Oceanside - Rancho Del Oro
- Temecula - Winchester Road
- Wildomar - Hidden Springs Road
- Camp Pendleton - Pacific Plaza
- Barstow - Armory Road
As of June 1, our Temecula Parkway branch has reopened, but is operating under modified business hours, closing at 5:00 pm Monday - Friday.
All other opening and closing times will remain the same at the above branches, and there will be no change in operating hours for the remainder of our branches.
We encourage everyone to access your account using our online banking and mobile banking app to check balances, deposit money, pay bills, transfer funds, and more.
Additionally, for your safety, we discourage any cash hoarding and recommend credit or debit card usage for your transactions.
Back to Top ↑
Where should I go for everyday Member services?
Accessing Your Accounts
Frontwave Online Banking and Mobile App:
The easiest way to access your account, check balances, deposit money, pay bills, transfer funds, and more is through our online banking and mobile app. Manage your accounts and bills without the need for cash.
- Manage Accounts: View and manage all transactions, balances, and other important account details.
- Deposit Checks: Deposit checks using mobile and remote deposit.
- Make Payments: Use Bill Pay to pay off credit cards, loans, utilities, bills, and even set up recurring payments.
- Transfer Funds: Move funds easily between accounts.
Download the Frontwave App to your iPhone or Android device:
Already have an account, but need to register for online banking access?
Need help getting started? Click here.
You can do most of your traditional transactions at ATMs. You can easily check your balance, withdraw or deposit cash, and deposit checks. A quick reminder:
- Frontwave Members have free withdrawals at all Frontwave ATMs.
- The limit for cash withdrawals is $600 per day.
- The first $200 of funds from any deposits (cash or checks) made at automated teller machines (ATMs) we own or operate will be available on the first business day after the day of deposit. The remaining funds will be made available on the second business day after the day of deposit. Some restrictions apply.
- You can make unlimited transfers from your savings accounts at ATMs
As a part of the CO-OP network, you can access nearly 30,000 fee-free ATMs nationwide.
Member Solution Center Hours:
Please know that our dedicated Member Solution Center Team Members are working incredibly hard to be available to you as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience if you do experience longer-than-usual wait times. Our call center is open:
- Monday through Friday: 7:00AM – 6:00PM
- Saturday: 9:00AM- 4:00PM
Back to Top ↑
Financial Assistance Programs
Frontwave is committed to fight for our Members and help you achieve your financial goals. During these uncertain times, we realize that the coronavirus may impact the financial health of some of our Members and we want you to know we are here to help with the following programs:
For qualified Auto, Solar, Secured, Signature, HELOC, and Fixed Second Loans
If you are impacted by the coronavirus you can skip a payment up to two non-consecutive months during this national emergency. If your loan qualifies for Skip-A-Pay, we will waive the $45 skip fee. To see if your loan qualifies, click here to submit your claim or call us at 800.736.4500 (local/international at 760.631.8700).
For Consumer Loans including Auto, Credit Card, Solar, Line of Credit, Secured, and Signature Loans
If you are impacted by the coronavirus, you may be eligible for up to a 90-day loan extension with no fees.* Call our Member Service Center at 800.736.4500 (local/international at 760.631.8700) to learn how. If you do not want to defer your payment, continue to make your loan payments as usual.
* Interest will continue to accrue during the deferment period. Deferring a payment may extend the original term and increase total finance charges. The date of your first monthly payment after the deferred payment(s) will remain the same. Offer only available for auto loans, credit cards, solar loans, secured loans, signature loans, and lines of credit. All accounts must be in good standing. Restrictions may apply.
If you have a mortgage loan, and you are impacted by the coronavirus, you may be eligible for up to a 90-day loan forbearance.
- Click here to learn more about the forbearance process and to access the Loan Solution Center website.
- If you have never applied for a forbearance, you will need to register the first time you log in to the loan solution center.
- You will need to have your social security number and loan number (available on your mortgage statement) available to complete your registration.
- Once registered you will be able to manage your forbearance request.
You may also contact our mortgage servicer, Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc. via email at lossmitinquiry@DMICorp.com or by calling 855.527.8373 to learn how.
Due to current volume, email and phone inquiries will receive confirmation within 5-15 business days. If you do not want to defer your payment, continue to make your loan payments as usual.
Have questions or need other financial assistance? Give us a call at 800.736.4500.
Financial Assistance Loans:
Our Financial Assistance Loan is a way to help you take care of your responsibilities and those you love with rates as low as 3.99%.
- Rates as low as of 3.99% APR*
- Loan amounts up to $5,000
- Loan terms up to 24 months
- First loan payment deferred up to 90 days
We have lowered rates on all new and used vehicle loan applications across all credit tiers with deferred payments for up to 90 days. If you have an auto financed at another financial institution, you may be eligible for $250. Click here for details.
Paycheck Protection Program:
If your small business has been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we’re here to help. We are accepting applications for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), backed by the U.S. Small Business Administration. The Paycheck Protection Program is a forgivable loan program designed to help small businesses continue to pay their employees and their overhead during these challenging times. That way you can quickly get back on your feet — and back to doing what you love — when the coronavirus crisis passes.
Get the latest updates on the Frontwave Paycheck Protection Program.
Additional Financial Assistance:
If you have been financially impacted and want to discuss alternative options, or have any additional questions, call our Member Service Center at 800.736.4500.
Back to Top ↑
The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced on March 30 that distribution of economic impact payments will begin in the next three weeks and will be distributed automatically to eligible U.S. residents, with no action required for most people. For most taxpayers, payments are automatic, and no further action is needed. This includes taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2018 and 2019, plus most seniors and retirees. For the latest updates, visit the IRS website.
The IRS also provides a reminder on its website that the IRS will not call, text you, email you or contact you on social media asking for personal or bank account information — even related to the economic impact payments. Also, watch out for emails with attachments or links claiming to have special information about economic impact payments or refunds.
Visit IRS.gov for more details >
Getting notified when your deposit has been completed
If you have direct deposit already set up on your Frontwave account, you can create an alert in online banking that will let you know when the deposit has been completed. Just log in to online banking, click on the “Settings” widget and update your alerts under the “Notifications” tab.
Finding your account number, account type and routing number for direct deposit from the IRS
The IRS has provided a free web portal for those who are not required to file tax returns to make sure they get their economic impact payment as quickly and securely as possible. If you fall into this category, you will need to provide your bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one.
Before you visit the IRS web portal, be sure to have the following information on hand:
- Frontwave routing number: 322274925
- Type of account (checking or savings)
- Full account number: Choose one of the options below to find your account number:
- Log in to online or mobile banking, select the account to be used for direct deposit, select “Account Details” to view the account number. For checking accounts the check (MICR) number is also available.
- Or, for checking accounts, you can also find the 13-digit account number at the bottom of your paper checks (on the right side)
Events & Seminars
Please note that our upcoming seminars have been postponed as a precautionary measure through April 30.
Financial Safety & Security
Keeping your money safe:
When it comes to keeping your money safe, we've got your back. Funds deposited with Frontwave Credit Union are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to at least $250,000. For more information about NCUA Share Insurance Coverage, visit mycreditunion.gov.
Keeping your personal information safe:
Frontwave will never ask you for your PIN or any other personal information over the phone or via email. In addition, please beware of scams and suspicious requests during this time. If you are unsure about whether an email, phone call, or text message is actually from Frontwave, please call us at 800.736.4500.
You can also check out these tips from the Federal Trade Commission on avoiding coronavirus scams.
Your privacy on Social Media:
For your protection, never post your personally identifiable information (PII) on any social networking sites, not even through the sites private message or email service. This includes your birth date, phone number, address, social security number, account number or any other financial details.
If you want to exchange that information, use our Online Banking Secured Messaging feature or give us a call at 800.736.4500.
Check your automatic payments:
Let's face it: we're all looking for ways to stay busy and save a little money right now. And with many businesses temporarily closed due to the California's statewide "stay at home" order (gym memberships, day care, youth sports/activities, etc.), now is a great time to take a few minutes to review those automatic monthly payments you may have set up. You may be able to adjust some of them and keep a little more cash in your pocket - just when you need it the most.
Check this page for any notifications of branch closures or changes in service, plus ongoing tips on the many ways to access your accounts and reach us. You’ll also find ongoing information about what we’re doing to ensure that our Members, employees, and community stay safe.
If you have additional questions or concerns, give us a call at 800.736.4500.
Back to Top ↑